At Emirates Gold we are committed to conduct our work respecting the highest business and ethical standards. We have robust compliance measures in place and dedicated officers who monitor and mitigate risks identified in the supply chain. Our goal is to produce gold responsibly.
As a key player in the supply chain, we take our responsibilities very seriously and have developed and implemented a robust due-diligence framework based on risk assessment and modeled on the guidance issued by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development), the LBMA (London Bullion Market Association) and the DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Center). (Translations of the DMCC guidance are available in Hindi, Arabic, and Malayalam.)
A cornerstone of our efforts is the publication of our Emirates Gold Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT), and Supply Chain Management Policy. Each of our employees is committed to follow this policy and our suppliers are informed of our standards and commitments.
Emirates Gold has undergone and passed on first inspection due-diligence audits in accordance with the LBMA guidance and also the DMCC guidance for 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012. This result, which is unique in the Middle East, is evidence of our commitment to deliver on our promises. Also, the 2015, 2014 and 2013 LBMA audits were conducted by Ernst & Young Switzerland who are on the LBMA list of Recommended Service Providers. Links to our LBMA Responsible Gold Certificates, Compliance Reports and Independent Assurance Reports can be found below:
2015 LBMA Responsible Gold Certificate
2015 LBMA Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
2015 DMCC Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
2014 LBMA Responsible Gold Certificate
2014 LBMA Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
2014 DMCC Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
2013 LBMA Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
2013 DMCC Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
2012 DMCC Compliance and Independent Assurance Reports
If you have any questions regarding our policy, or if you wish to learn, discuss or understand better the very important topic of responsible gold sourcing, please contact us now and we will put you in touch with our experienced officers.
SUMMARY OF THE EMIRATES GOLD COMPLIANCE POLICY:
- We, Emirates Gold DMCC, do not tolerate nor profit, assist, facilitate or contribute to any sort of torture, forced labour, human rights abuse, war crimes, or any form of criminal activity including but not limited to
money laundering. In particular, we do not tolerate the worst forms of child labour (as defined by the International Labour Organization Convention No 182).
- We will not tolerate any direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups or their affiliates who illegally control or tax mines, or any point in the supply chain.
- We will commit to eliminate however possible direct or indirect support to public or private security forces that illegally control mine sites or any other points in the supply chain.
- We commit to not offering, promising or demanding any bribes, and resist the solicitation of
bribes to conceal the origin of metals or misrepresent taxes paid to the governments.
- We will support efforts and contribute to the elimination of money laundering.
- We commit to assessing supplier and transactions on a risk based approach and commit to a
strong management system for identifying and mitigating risks.